I decided to prepare this tart a few days after Christmas as I had some ricotta cheese left and a puff pastry sheet.
The result was really tasty so I hope you’ll enjoy it too!
SERVES: 8 people
KITCHEN TO TABLE: 30min + 40min cooking
Use this handy interactive list to keep track of the ingredients you still need for this recipe!
- 900gr frozen spinach
- 2 eggs
- 240gr sliced ham
- 250gr ricotta cheese
- 70gr grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 sheet of puff pastry or shortcrust
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- greaseproof paper
- 1 large bowl
- 1 non-stick pan
- 1 round cooking tin
- 1 pastry-brush
- Place the frozen spinach in your pan on a medium heat adding a pinch of salt, and let them cook until they are completely defrosted
- Let them drain in a sieve and when cool squeeze them using your hands, in order to eliminate all the excess water
- Preheat the oven to 200°
- Place your spinach on a chopping board and roughly chop them
- Mix in your bowl the ricotta cheese with the eggs and a tiny bit of ground black pepper, and keep mixing until smooth. Add the spinach, the grated Parmesan cheese and the ham finely chopped and mix until you have a homogeneous mixture
- Line your cooking tin first with greaseproof paper and then with puff pastry
- Using a fork make tiny holes in the base of your pastry and fill with the spinach and ricotta cheese mixture. Use the rest of the pastry to make a lattice top for the tart and brush it with beaten egg yolk
- Put in a hot oven for about 40mins until pastry will look golden
Serve warm and enjoy!