This is a super-easy recipe I invented when I came across a pomegranate and it was lunchtime. You’ll just need a very good non-stick pan and a little bit of patience, to take out the seeds from the pomegranate fruit (I personally find the pomegranate seeds they sell ready to eat quite tasteless).
SERVES: one person
KITCHEN TO TABLE: 15 mins
Use this handy interactive list to keep track of the ingredients you still need for this recipe!
- 1 non-stick pan
- mini-whisk (if you don’t have it a normal whisk will do the job!)
- 300 gr mini chicken breast fillets
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 bag of lamb lettuce
- 1 William pear (optional)
- rock salt
- red and black pepper
SUGGESTED DRESSING (citronette):
- 40 gr lemon juice
- 60 gr extra virgin olive oil
- 0.5 gr grounded black pepper
- 4 gr salt
- Put your non-stick pan on full whack
- Once the pan is boiling hot, put some rock salt on it (this is the easier way to grill chicken if you don’t have a grill) and after a while add your chicken fillets
- Sprinkle some salt (not much needed as you already put some on the pan) over your chicken fillets and be generous grating on them some red and black pepper
- Wait until they’re cooked on one side and turn them over (if they’re sticking to the pan, that means they’re not cooked yet)
- After 10 minutes they should be ready (to be sure, cut the thickest fillet and make sure is well done but still juicy inside)
- On a plate put your washed lamb’s lettuce, place the chicken fillets on top and sprinkle with some pomegranate seeds
- To make it even tastier cut some fine slices of green William pear to add to your salad
- Finally add a drizzle of the citronette dressing that can be easily prepared by whisking together lemon juice, salt, oil and pepper (I generally use a mini whisk) until you’ll obtain a dense sauce).
This is a really easy meal you can bring to work as well (I usually place the chicken and the citronette in two different boxes- you may want to heat the chicken a bit if it’s winter! )!
Enjoy your meal!