These tiny super-chocolaty cookies are always a great success. After a long working day at the hospital you’ll need something sweet and comforting- these mouthful, super easy cookies will surprise you with their soft Nutella heart… and the shortest cooking time ever- just 8 minutes!
SERVES: 25 mini-cookies
Kitchen to table:
Use this handy interactive list to keep track of the ingredients you still need for this recipe!
- 180 + 125 gr of Nutella
- 150 gr of plain flour
- 1 medium egg
- 30 gr pistachios
- Electric whisk
- Oven dripping-pan (or 2 cooking tray);
- Feeding syringe (much easier to use than e sac à poche, but in case you don’t have it, use the traditional sac à poche with a small tip)
- Mix using an electric whisk 180 grams of Nutella with one egg until you obtain an homogenous glossy cream
- Combine the flour with the obtained Nutella cream using a fork (I use my hands when the dough is almost formed)
- When you have obtained an homogenous dough (don’t panic and do not add any extra flour as it is supposed to be quite soft), wrap it into some cling film and let it rest in the fridge for at least 20 minutes
- Take out of the oven the dripping-pan (every oven has got it, but in case you don’t have it you can use two cooking trays) and cover it with some cooking paper
- After that resting time, take your dough out of the fridge and divide it in tiny little balls of 15 grams each (this is the only boring step, I promise!). As soon as you roll each little ball, to prevent them from drying and forming cracks during the following step, place them on the baking tray and, using your finger, create a small indentation in the centre of each one
- Preheat the oven to 170° (if traditional cooking mode) or to 150° (if fan mode)
- Put 125 grams of Nutella in a bowl and place it in the microwave until the Nutella becomes more liquid (10 seconds will be enough)
- When the Nutella is ready, cut the tip of the feeding syringe in order to create a bigger tip, and fill it with the Nutella
- Fill the indent of each cookie with some Nutella, and sprinkle on top some roughly chopped pistachios
- Bake for 10 minutes at 170° if you’re using a traditional non-fan mode, or at 150° for 8 minutes if fan-mode.
- Once the coking time is ended (don’t panic when taking them out of the oven they will be still soft, they will set while cooling), place them on a griddle and when your cookies will be cold they will be ready to be eaten!
Enjoy your sweet treat!