This is a cake I made to celebrate a weekend with a great friend of mine: there’s nothing I like more than having to prepare breakfast for people I love!
I really loved the result of this experiment as this cake is incredibly moist and flavourful, and I will soon use this batter to prepare an apple cake- I will be really pleased if you’ll do it before me and then share with me your results!
I hope you’ll enjoy this cake as much as we did (you can tell by the picture taken after our breakfast)!
SERVES: 6 people
KITCHEN TO TABLE: 20min + 40min baking
- 150gr white sugar
- 250gr ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- Juice of half a lemon
- Zests of 2 lemons
- 1 Pink Lady apple
- 50gr corn flour
- 200gr plain white flour
- 150gr peeled almonds (I usually buy almonds with the skin and peel them myself by covering them in boiling hot water twice)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons of semi-skimmed milk
- Electric whisk
- Big bowl
- Cake tin (I used a 24cm diameter one)
- Greaseproof paper
- Preheat your oven at 180° (fan mode)
- Mix together the sugar and the ricotta cheese by means of the electric whisk until you’ll have a creamy consistency
- Add to your mix the juice of half a lemon, the zests of two lemons and keep on mixing
- Put in your blender 100gr of peeled almonds and the peeled apple in pieces and, once you have grounded them, add them to your mix
- Keep on mixing and add to your mixture the white flour, the baking powder, the bicarbonate of soda and two tablespoon of milk
- Transfer your mixture in the cake tin previously lined with greaseproof paper, cover the batter with the remaining peeled almonds roughly chopped and let it bake in the oven for 35-40min or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let it cool on a rack out of the oven and enjoy!