Hello my friends!!! One baby girl and a house move later and I’m finally back! I’ve never stopped cooking in the last few months, but it’s been hard to find the time to upload my latest experiments.
This morning I woke up and the weather here in Ascot was horrible, so I came out with the quickest way to have healthy and super yummy biscuits to dip in a warm cup of milk!
I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as I did it!
SERVES: 12 biscuits
KITCHEN TO TABLE: 20 minutes
- 62gr white sugar + some for dusting before baking
- 1 egg
- 150gr plain white flour
- 4gr baking powder
- 25gr sunflower oil
- zests of 1 unwaxed lemon
- Electric whisk
- Baking tray lined with baking paper
- Preheat your oven at 180° fan mode
- Mix together with an electric whisk the egg, the sugar and the lemon zest until you’ll obtain a foamy cream
- Add the flour, the baking powder and the oil by mixing with a fork
- You’ll obtain a pastry that has a similar consistency to the one you do to make a tart, so it’ll be super easy to roll small balls out of it (roughly 3-4cm in diameter)
- Transform with your hands those balls into sausage-shaped biscuit, flatten them with your hand and press them onto some sugar that you have put in a small plate
- Place them in your baking tray previously covered with greaseproof paper, and leave them to bake in the oven for around 15-20min until lightly gold
- Let them cool on a rack and enjoy them cold!